St Neots, UK
Working closely with the Finance Director, the Management Accountant is responsible for assisting in the financial and accounting operations of Fluenta and its subsidiaries.
The role is responsible for maintaining financial records and providing accurate financial information to the management team and other stakeholders.
As a growing business in diverse geographical locations, we are looking for someone willing to evolve with the role and take on challenging new opportunities.
Founded in 1985, Fluenta is a leader in the use of ultrasonic sensing technology for the measurement of flare gas. Monitoring flare gas is a critical aspect of managing safety and profitability within the oil and gas industry as well as providing the basis by which oil and gas companies pay certain taxes and report environmental issues.
Fluenta has offices across the world in the UK, Norway, Poland, UAE, Malaysia, and the USA.
The Role & Responsibilities
Prepare and maintain the group’s financial and management accounts in compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare regular consolidated financial reports for the Fluenta group and its subsidiaries.
- Manage monthly accruals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monitor operational project status and liaise with sales teams to ensure timely closure of projects.
- Provide financial analysis and advice to the senior management team and other stakeholders.
- Manage the group’s and its subsidiaries’ day-to-day financial operations, including cash flow management and budgeting.
- Monitor accounts receivables and assist the accounting department with collections.
- Monitor the group’s and its subsidiaries’ performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Help develop and maintain robust internal control systems and processes.
- Liaise with external auditors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting and tax regulations.
- Assist with the month and year-end accounting processes.
- Provide support to the Finance Director and other senior management.
The Ideal Candidate
The following qualifications and experience are important in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Qualified or working towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Proven experience in a similar position with 1 to 2 years minimum.
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial reports.
- Excellent knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Good understanding of financial analysis and reporting.
- Strong IT and analytical skills.
- Experience with accounting systems and software.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Near Cambourne, PE19 6TY, Cambridgeshire.
Basic salary: Circa £25,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Electric company car scheme
Apply for this Job