St Neots, UK
With a strong heritage and class-leading technology, Fluenta is positioning itself to diversify from a traditional oil and gas customer base to leading the way in environmental sensing.
The Marketing Director will lead this drive and guide both Technology Development and Sales teams through a customer pull approach which needs an energetic and forward-thinking Marketing Director to lead a growing team of 5.
This role will suit a talented, ambitious, up-and-coming Director seeking the autonomy to create and the flexibility to develop in a dynamic, fast-paced business.
Fluenta forms part of a large group of privately owned businesses under the Vista Holdings AS umbrella company, owned by the Norwegian-based Aase family. The group is made up of circa 4,500 employees across a diverse range of industries, including Kindergartens; ultrasonic sensing; enzyme development; oil production; MedTech devices; Wi-Fi enablers; logistics services; and a Viking Long Ship fair, amongst others.
Founded in 1985, Fluenta is a global leader in ultrasonic sensing technology for flare gas measurement, primarily for the oil & gas sector. The company has a turnover of $15m and a staff of 50. It commands a leading position in the sector and offers class-leading technology. The business manufactures products out of a facility in Gdansk in Poland, supplied through sales offices in key oil & gas locations, including the UK, Dubai, Houston and Kuala Lumpur, as well as numerous distributors and agents across the globe. The company is located near Cambridge in the UK, where the UK Head Office, Marketing, Quality and Design and Development teams are based.
Although initially centred around Fluenta’s development, this role, and the associated Marketing team, extend to involvement with other group businesses providing scope for a diversified and dynamic working environment.
This is a truly exciting role for a talented and dynamic Marketing Executive to explore new markets and play a key role in the development of the business to face some of the top environmental challenges that the world is facing today.
The Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to Fluenta’s CEO, the main aim of the Marketing Director is to work with external partners and internal teams to identify new market opportunities as well as to implement a culture of Marketing Leadership over the existing operation. It is an interesting and challenging role to shape the next stage in companies’ lifecycle.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a marketing team covering market research, strategic communications & digital marketing, customer experience, and product management
- Lead on product pricing and maintaining corporate accounts
- A champion for the business and brand advocate for our partners
- Drive awareness of employing Market-pull models in the development and commercial decision making
- Work collaboratively with the Global Management team to support their promotional needs and assist in lead generation.
The Ideal Candidate
The following objective experience and character traits are important in this role:
- High level of education, so the candidate is likely to have a commercially biased degree with a specialism in Marketing or product management or a Marketing specific qualification.
- Experience across all marketing disciplines in a B2B business environment, ideally with experience operating within a CRM.
- Strong leader of people with experience in achieving world-class results via a commercial team.
- Evidence of successfully bringing new products to market and effective influence of product development and sales activities
- A strong understanding of the mechanics of Marketing and the ability to communicate this across geographies and departments.
- Experience working within and having success in a small company.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an explorer by nature.
- Natural problem solver.
European travel is expected circa 20-30% of the time, inter-continental less frequently.
- Basic salary: Circa £75,000 – £90,000 depending on experience.
- 10% of salary, designed to cover personal and company pension requirements.
- 25 days annual leave
Apply for this Job