Pola Szolka joined Fluenta in October 2013 as a Purchasing Manager from TBØ, another company in the Vista Holding Group. In her role Pola manages orders for equipment and materials, ensuring orders arrive on time and in full ready to be manufactured into Fluenta flare gas meters.
- Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a Political Science and Scandinavian graduate, and the happy owner of my dog: ‘The Bandit’. I graduated from the University of Gdansk, and I also did one year of Scandinavian studies in Kristiansand, Norway – it was the best year of my life!
- What is your role at Fluenta?
I am Purchasing Manager. In my role I am responsible for ensuring all materials required to manufacture Fluenta products are ordered correctly and delivered on time.
- How did you first learn about Fluenta?
Before working for Fluenta I worked with another company in the Vista Holding Group, TBØ, which focuses on accounting. I transferred to Fluenta from TBØ after our CEO, Sigurd Aase, opened up a new opportunity for me.
- What do you like most about your work with Fluenta?
Fluenta employees have a high degree of self-reliance in everyday operations. I like that I do not have to ask my manager before I take action, and that I am responsible for my own mistakes. I also like that I get to meet a lot of people and travel regularly – I do not just sit in the office in front of a computer all day.
- What would people never guess you do in your role?
I buy plastic beer cups, although these are used during our production process and not for drinking!
- What has been your favorite project at Fluenta?
Cost reduction, although this is an ongoing project!
- If you could switch your job with anyone else within Fluenta, whose job would you want?
I would enjoy a day in the life of a Fluenta Service Engineer, to see what it is like operating at one of Fluenta’s meter installations.
- What advice do you have for prospective Fluenta candidates?
Be prepared to get out of your comfort zone.
- What are 3 words to describe Fluenta?
Dynamic. Ambitious. Together.
- What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I enjoy training my dog, The Bandit, and taking road trips with my husband around Europe (although I would like to go further afield). I also enjoy skiing.