Meet our Asia Pacific Service Engineer : Asyif Sahidon

As a service engineer supporting our customers in the Asia Pacific region, Asyif spends most of his time on site, helping our customers with annual maintenance or installing our meters.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background

I am a Petroleum Engineering graduate. I joined the industry in a sales role, then I decided to follow my passion to be a field engineer to explore the world. I have one son and love to listen to 80’s music.

What is your is role at Fluenta?

I am responsible for assisting with after sales support and providing solutions to our clients in Asia Pacific regions.

What does your ‘average’ day at work look like as Sales Manager?

It is a totally different scene during a service visit than when I stay in the office. I spend 70% of my time on a  job and the other 30% in the office.

During a service visit, I must be ready before 6am for the safety and toolbox meeting. During this meeting the team discuss everything, from job progress and safety to even the small things like being away from home. We must take care of our colleagues as well as our customers!

In the office, I work on a more normal schedule, with meetings to looks at current and upcoming jobs..

What is your proudest moment so far at Fluenta?

I was trusted to install the first FGM 160 dual-path meter. It was an exciting challenge and a memory I won’t forget in a long time.

What do you predict for the future of oil and gas technology?

The implementation of IoT technology for production and equipment optimisation.

What advice do you have for newcomers to the Oil & Gas industry?

Veni, Vidi, Vici, or in English, ‘I came, I saw, I conquered.” Be a team member and make connections.

March 20, 2020 | Employee spotlight, News

Related posts